6 Months (Extension Likely)
The individual in this role will be required to support differing projects depending on the business needs. Due to the nature of the business, all roles may be subject to additional tasking from time to time as required by function and line management in support of our 'agile resourcing' approach.
- Identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups.
- Empowering and inspiring others to deliver successful outcomes.
- Supporting on the monitoring and controlling financial aspects of each project or contract.
- Supporting the management of the preparation and delivery of technical briefs, status reports, chairing meetings and taking minutes/notes.
- Leading on the management of a diverse range of stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Supporting on the appropriate use of project resources including engagement of commercial, technical and financial subject matter experts in order to make effective and timely decisions.
- Leading on the MI in order to prepare and maintain schedules of activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements as well as ensuring credibility.
- Supporting and managing the identification and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect products.
- Advising on the consolidation and documenting of the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities, issues and quality requirements).
- Support, gain approval of, and update business cases that justify projects in terms of benefits, costs and risks.
- Identifying, defining, evaluating, planning, tracking and realising the business benefits of programmes.
- Making effective decisions
- Gravitas of a senior professional
- Extensive senior level stakeholder management experience. Comfortable managing ambiguity
- Commercially astute.
- Current expert knowledge and evidence of X-Government Project Delivery Capability Frameworks.
- Experienced in Risk and Issue Management
- High level of experience managing medium or large complex projects at a programme manager or delivery director level, delivering successful outcomes.
- Significant experience managing complex third party supply arrangements.
- Projects with a HIGH level of complexity are generally characterised as having a high degree of uncertainty, are large in size, politically sensitive, technically complex, have a large number of stakeholders and often need procedures and methodologies to be adapted to suit unique situations.
- Actively seek to add value, be results-oriented and output-focused.
- Demonstrate energy and personal drive to deliver business outputs.
- Excellent balance between collaboration and achieving outcomes.
- Be responsive, innocative and seek out opportunities to effect creative change.
- Be flexible and adaptable .
- Build positive and effective relationships that enable business goals to be delivered at a 1* Level.
- Empower others and welcome reasonable challenge.
- Be fair, honest and transparent in all professional activities.
- Seek continuous improvement and build it into their personal development plan.
- Promote the wider public good in all actions and to act in a morally, legally and socially appropriate manner in dealing with stakeholders, team members and the organisation.
- Demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
- Have the ability to quickly adapt to uncertainties and changing priorities.
For more information click APPLY NOW.