Procurement Manager - Bidding
Permanent, Salford (Hybrid model WFH / Salford and Malvern Office Split)
£57,000 - £60,000 DOE + Bonus + Benefits
A world leading defence company is looking for a Procurement Manager will be responsible for executing the cost effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects. The Procurement Manager is responsible for driving the sourcing process, identification of Risk and Opportunities, and for working collaboratively with key stakeholders within the business to execute the procurement strategy for the full range of procurement projects.
The Procurement Manager will need to be able to develop new supplier relationships in order to meet the companies future aspirations. This will require knowledge of specific defence, engineering and/or cyber domains and associated supply chains.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Maintain awareness of the restrictions, controls and accreditations that are placed upon suppliers working in a Defence environment, ensuring at all times that both sourcing strategies and the incumbent supplier base do not jeopardise or threaten internal compliance.
- Collaborate with the Category Management Team to identify opportunities to utilise extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
- Ability to guide others through the bidding processes.
- Understands impact of external customer requirements, recommends solutions to minimise risk and improve probability of winning external bids & tenders.
- Considered a technical expert within allotted embedded teams.
Natural and articulate around management. Good listening skills and able to focus on issues critical to senior leaders. Can deliver communication concisely and steer conversation towards decisions needed.
Highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent experience
- Proven contract negotiation skills.
- Experience of Commercial process
The full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts, etc.
If you're ready to apply, Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted we will call for an initial chat/screening in the next couple of days.