Permanent, Farnborough or Malvern (Hybrid model WFH/Office)
£50,000 - £55,00 DOE + Bonus + Benefits
A world-leading defence technology company are looking for a Procurement Manager, you will provide a 'best in class' procurement service for input to Customer bids, in support of securing new business for the company.
As a Procurement Manager will have a role that is out of the ordinary, developing new supplier relationships in order to meet the company's future aspirations. This will require knowledge of specific defence, aviation, maritime, engineering and/or cyber domains and associated supply chains. You will have experience procuring services, ideally within IT.
- Negotiate favourable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers and prepares and processes requisitions and purchase orders for the procurement of technical equipment, custom engineered products, systems, software or components.
- Acquire and maintain understanding of technology trends, market forces, cost trends and supplier technology road maps.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to organisation policy and discusses defects and delivery problems with suppliers and negotiates refunds.
- Responsible for executing the cost effective and timely delivery of procurement sourcing projects.
- Responsible for driving the sourcing process, identification of Risk and Opportunities, and for working collaboratively with key stakeholders within the business to execute the procurement strategy for the full range of procurement projects.
- Sourcing exercises will be initiated both by internal stakeholders to work on cost centre funded projects, or subcontracts in support of customer funded work
This role is full-time, 37 hours per week, and can be based out of either Farnborough or Malvern. We offer flexible, adaptive working options, with typically two to three days working from home
Essential experience of the Procurement Manager
- Procurement of services
- Proven contract negotiation and stakeholder influencing skills
- Demonstrable experience of the full sourcing process; from design through to execution
- Ability to guide others through the bidding processes.
- Understands impact of external customer requirements, recommends solutions to minimise risk and improve probability of winning external bids and tenders.
- Provides best practice advice to business users and junior members of staff.
- Considered a technical expert within allotted embedded teams
Qualifications for the Procurement Manager
- Degree in a Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- CIPS Qualified or equivalent experience
If you're ready to apply, Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted we will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week