Procurement Manager - IT
Location - Coventry - (2 days in the office and 3 days remote working.)
Rate - £500 per day - PAYE
My client is looking for IT Procurement Manager for a 3 months contract with extension possible due to long term projects. In this dynamic, diverse and challenging role you'll play a vital role in developing, managing and executing the IT category strategy that will deliver commercial benefits.
- Ensures the timely delivery of specific procurement projects which achieve targeted savings and minimise supply risk
- Performs strategic supplier relationship management of key IT suppliers
- Leads negotiations with sophisticated IT suppliers or service providers
- Leads the identification, development and performance management of suppliers to deliver the business need
- Identifies efficiency opportunities and implements associated improvements using value engineering approaches
- Applies new policy and process changes within the procurement operating environment
- Develops project plans and prioritises delivery of several simultaneous strategic sourcing requirements
- Builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships at senior and executive management levels.
Key skills and competencies:
- Has excellent technical knowledge and experience in category management application
- Commercial acumen with proficient negotiation skills, with confidence and ability to lead complex commercial negotiations and achieve results
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism and is viewed by internal and external stakeholders as credible and trustworthy.
- Proven track record of meeting cost savings across various IT categories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a high level of presentation skills.
- Strong and proven interpersonal and organisational skills with ability to handle multiple projects in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant procurement management experience of strategic sourcing in a large company environment, preferably with European or global experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the IT supply market, with experience working in IT category management
- Minimum CIPS Advanced Diploma (Level 5) required, MCIPS Professional Diploma Level (Level 6) preferred
- High standard of Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience using SharePoint Comprehensive analytical skills
If you are interested in the role then please do feel free to apply.