Role: Principal Welding Engineer
Site Location: Davenport
Rate: Up to £100 per hour
Duration: 12 month contract
The department is looking for a contracted Principal Welding Engineer to join the team in developing the welding engineering capabilities of the department. Day to day tasks of the role would be to support production activities and:
- Work in conjunction with Babcock's Weld Quality Management System (ISO3834-2) to ensure quality practises are abided by.
- Review of sub-contractor's quality systems to ensure the department maintains a high quality of welding throughout the site.
- Department representative on sub-contracting projects to give welding support.
- Complete of audits against external sub-contractor against ISO 3834-2 and Babcock processes
- The authoring of technical engineering reports/proposals for bespoke welding techniques utilising materials knowledge.
The candidate will have an engineering back ground through either a graduate training scheme, degree or experience as a welding engineer. They should have an excellent understanding of welding processes and techniques. The candidate must exhibit strong personal organisation and communication skills.
They will have a high degree of computer literacy; experience in using engineering software would be an advantage.
- The applicant must be be capable of holding NNPI, PSA and Atomic security clearances.
- Chartered Engineer
- IWE/EWE Diploma
- CIWE Status
MSc in Welding Engineering