Power Electronics Design Engineer
Highly Competitive Salary & package + Bonus + Healthcare + Pension + Stocks + Hybrid Working
Are you a Power Electronics Engineer looking for an exciting new career move within a Global, industry-leading Energy Technology business based out of their state-of-the-art Technology Centre based in Stonehouse, Gloucestershire.
You will working alongside a team of expert engineers in Electrical, Mechanical and Software Engineering responsible for developing innovative power electronics solutions for market-leading technologies for use in the energy industry.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in identifying and organizing requirements for power electronics applications.
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain products and assist in their commercialization, including full system integration, full environmental qualification and successful field test.
- Perform necessarily calculation/simulations to validate the design (efficiency calculation, identification of hot spot, estimation of temperature rise, EMC filter sizing, control loop bandwidth verification,….)
- Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing. Set up and run lab experiments.
- Develop project plan by continually evaluate engineering approaches/concepts with associated risks.
- Minimum BSc in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- Background in developing Power Electronics applications within a low-volume manufacturing environment
- Familiar with multiple power supply topologies (flyback, half bridge, full bridge,…)
- Strong in experience in design for cost, manufacturability, testability and reliability
- Experience in firmware development is a big plus (digitalization migration)
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not able to get back to everyone who applies. Therefore if you have not heard back from Jefferson Wells within 7 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful however we will contact you if suitable roles come up that match your skill set.