PMO Manager - Defence
PMO Manager - Defence
The pay rate is £55 per hour.
The location of the vole is Bristol (hybrid working).
The duration of the contract is 12 months.
As PMO Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary, you'll be working on supporting and developing a vital military satellite communication systems. Your work will directly contribute to shaping the future of military satellite communication systems within defence. And, with our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
Day to day, you'll be supporting the Head of PMO in providing the wider team expert advice for the delivery of programme objectives. The client have a history of helping talent go far.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements, typically 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Assisting and deputising with the day-to-day management of the Project Management Office, and implementation of PC governance, processes and procedures across the programme. Assisting with establishing the programme baseline position in terms of scope/cost /schedule and the ongoing governance. Management of staff to provide governance, assurance, business analyst and document management provisions across the programme. Provision of regular management reporting both internal and external to the project to provide relevant, accurate and reliable information on the status and forecast of the project/ programme.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for establishing/maintaining and adhering to the specific PMO governance, processes and procedures defined by the Group Project Management Function
- Assist and support with establishing and maintaining the project baseline position in terms of scope, cost and schedule and the ongoing governance control of these
- Manage PMO staff responsible for KPI reporting, governance, business analysis and document control
- Establish and maintain regular management reporting both internal and external to provide relevant, accurate and reliable information on the status and forecast of the programme with relation to KPI and governance activities
- Support the Growth and Change Delivery team with the development of Contract Change Proposals, and ensure effective change management is applied across the programme.
- APM PMQ, Chartered status or equivalent (advantageous)
- Considerable experience in the advanced application of Project Management techniques in a relevant technical project environment across the full project lifecycle
- Experience in leading and managing a team of staff, providing direction and motivation
- Experience in the application of SRA and EVM
- Previous experience on complex defence and/or telecommunication projects/programmes, preferably military SatCom (desirable, but not essential)
- Ability to champion high performance and inspire others
- Strong commercial awareness and an understanding of contract and commercial management
- Experience working with senior level managers both internally and externally