Jefferson Wells are looking to recruit a Payroll Manager to work for an international Engineering/defence business, as part of their central support team on a permanent basis. This role will focus on leading a team to ensure accurate & timely processing for a large number of employees, across multiple payrolls.
This role will involve typical Payroll duties, however there will be a greater focus on improving & streamlining processes, whilst developing & mentoring a small team and supporting the wider business through a period of transformation.
What will I be doing?
- Monthly payroll processing & BACS submission
- Generating annual Payroll timetables
- Analysis of employee hours & highlighting payroll errors to department heads
- Calculation & deductions of NI & Tax contributions
- Managing holiday, sickness, paternity & maternity pay
- Reviewing & Analysing Payroll, benefits & tax procedures, with a view to improving efficiency
What are we looking for?
- End to End payroll processing experience, ideally in a larger business
- Competent user of ERP systems, ideally SAP
- Demonstrable experience of improving/streamlining processes
- Competent with MS office, Excel
- High attention to detail and confident communicator with strong leadership skills
- Ability to motivate & mentor a team
The company have a hybrid working model and will also consider a fully remote candidate, however, would prefer someone who is within a commutable distance. Flexible working is also on offer, so should you need to start early or finish late this may be accommodated.
If you have experience of leading a team of payroll professionals in a fast paced environment and have a keen eye for continuous improvement, then this could be the perfect role for you. If you would be interested in hearing more please apply and one of the team will be in touch.