Position: Packaging Engineer
Pay Rate: TBC
LOA: 1 Year
Shift Pattern: Shift would be either 2-shift (Earlies / Lates) or 24/7 (2 day 2 nights 4 off)
Packaging Engineer (C/W Position).
The Engineering function at the CLIENT Worthing site is responsible for the provision of engineering expertise to support the manufacturing, automation and controls systems for all production operations at the site.
We are looking for a motivated Engineer to join the team on a 1-year C/W contract to support Orals Tablets Packaging in the Engineer Trade team. The role provides engineering trade support within field of expertise
Key Responsibility / Summary:
- CORE - Receive and complete Merps generated maintenance works orders. Support production targets in meeting schedule. Uphold team behaviors and culture in-line with departmental code of conduct. Escalate issues to Lead Tradesman or Team Leader as appropriate in a timely manner.
- SAFETY - Develop Risk assessments and Method Statements for tasks before undertaking them. Work safely at all times, reporting any safety-issues to the team leader. Raise and investigate safety issues as appropriate. Comply with all site and departmental safety procedures and systems. Raise/Countersign permit to work as appropriate.
- COMPLIANCE - Comply with all GMP procedures and completed all GMP documentation accurately. Identify/report/correct any discrepancies on the Merps engineering database. Ensure equipment maintenance and repair is of the highest quality in-line with CLIENT and statutory requirements. Compliance with applicable CLIENT standards and procedures. Provide support for regulatory audits.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Identify and implement improvements to the installed equipment that would improve the Sites performance. Commission new installations. Inspect contractors work during installation and prior to handover.
- OTHER - Mentor apprentices. Audit engineering-controlled areas. Source and purchase spares for non-inventory items.
This role would suit a driven and motivated individual who has experience of operational engineering / packaging process in a complex GMP environment. Ideally the candidate has previous vision system and serialization experience as well as a strong underpinning knowledge of packaging operations. You will be a qualified engineer. You will have a proven ability to drive performance (it is imperative in this role that you demonstrate an ability to drive common-objective thinking, with a complete focus on providing solutions). You will have strong scientific/technical knowledge to help support relevant processes at the Worthing site (eg; how they impact the quality and efficacy of the final product).
About Worthing Manufacturing Site:
Worthing site manufacture antibiotics in oral dose form.
Tablets packaging have 8 packaging lines running PVC / Alu and Alu / Alu formats to multiple markets in 4 dose sizes. A combination of conventional, PODA and serialization packaging is utilized depending on market requirements. Equipment includes Cam M92 blister machines, Fuji flow wrappers, Marchesini cartoners, Neri labelers and IMA case packers.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Friday 20th of May 2022 (COB).
When applying for this role, please use your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role (as outlined in the job requirements above). The information that you have provided will be used to assess your application.
About the client:
CLIENT is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world.
- Relevant experience (ideally gained working in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility)
- Engineering qualification (eg; HNC/HND or equivalent in relevant discipline or Time served Engineering Apprenticeship)
- Knowledge of current GMP requirements within major pharmaceutical markets.
- Knowledge and application of the principles of the Quality Management Systems (QMS).