Operations Technology Engineer
Duration: 6 month contract with a possibility of an extension up to 18 months
Day rate £456 PAYE
Location: Remote, once restrictions are lifted- successful candidate will be travelling to customer's location within EMEA
40 hours a week
You will be joining our clients Customer Innovation Team.
The team provides support to industries, such as manufacturing, automotive, oil, and gas, or logistics.
The Customer Innovation is able to tackle a wide range of different business solutions for example working on creating Digital Twins for the largest consumer goods manufacturers.
As an OT Engineer your main responsibilities will be:
- Design, build, install, operate, and maintain industrial automation lab/ models which consist of sensors/ actuators, PLCs, HMIs, RTUs, Network equipment, Computers.
- Install, configure various SCADA, OPC DA/ UA, Data servers, connect them together and with the automation lab
- Programming the controllers (PLC), HMIs, and other devices
- Work with software engineers to PoC, demo, test and validate the features and assure quality of the security product
- Prototyping algorithmic solutions and testing feasibility of new approaches in a scripting language of choice (i.e.Python)
- Working with vendors to discover latest feasible technologies and test them for performance and usefulness for current and future products.
- Travelling to customer sites, working with their on site teams to work on their equipment.
- When not on site you will be gaining remote access to systems, carrying out closed loop programmes to improve how machines operate and creating programmes within systems, as part of a wider initiative of creating digital twins
- 5+ years of experience in the automation industry
- Experience in programming the PLCs using Ladder Logic (preferred if know additional PLC programming languages - IL, ST, FBD, C/C++)
- Work experience with actual industrial devices and engineering software of major vendors (Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Schneider Electric, Omron, Yokogawa, LG…)
- Familiar with various Motion Controllers/Actuators
- Knowledge of Industrial communication protocol (Modbus, EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, BACnet, DNP3, S7comm, OPC UA, etc.)
- Knowledge of SCADA, OPC DA/ UA, data historian software/ systems
- Open-minded and keen on learning
- Creative thinking and good at problem-solving
- Self-motivated with a positive "can-do" attitude and teamwork
- BS/ Engineer degree in Control and Automation engineering
- Experience of working on site and with the customers local teams
- Cloud DB skills
- Experience with Kepware, Matricon, Softing or similar
- Experience in software development
If you feel you match the requirements please submit your CV in the first instance.