The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for assisting in providing innovative and cost-effective solutions to customers with a specific focus on Valve maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, design, and modification. The Engineer shall also assist in planning, conducting and evaluation approaches to meeting project objectives in a timely fashion. To assist in establishing a reputation with key customers for providing consistently high standards of service and technical engineering solutions. To ensure that all mechanical engineering work carried out meets the requirements of the company policies and quality system.
- Develop extensive knowledge on Flow Control Products and provide technical support to all business functions.
- Technical focal point for on-going Field and inhouse Service Operations.
- Provide technical assistance to external clients on troubleshooting activities, using sound engineering judgement, to enable high quality service is provided.
- Project manage specific projects for service operations and design & manufacture/modifications of products, ensuring that time, financial and quality parameters are achieved.
- Research and Design of bespoke Engineering solutions to suit Client needs using Engineering principles.
- Build close relationship between Engineering & Production by maintaining strong communication with all relevant personnel.
- Attend Engineering / Production / Scheduling meetings as required.
- Attend toolbox talks, input in QHSE issues and initiatives as required.
- Conduct training for production personnel as required.
- Responsible for Engineering input into Production requirements.
- Responsible for scope specification and task delegation.
- Scheduling of time & working hours to ensure on-time delivery where appropriate.
- Produce full mechanical certification packages for valve modifications and the necessary drawings and / or clear work instructions as required.
- Ensure that Quality Policies and Procedures are adhered to for all field and workshop operations.
- Check design and modification calculations and drawings.
- Produce clear and detailed reports for submission to customers. Liaise with customers on both technical and general business requirements where appropriate.
- Carry out site work requirements in a proficient and professional manner.
- Identify opportunities to develop business.
- Attend clients field locations including Offshore, Site and Oversea as required.
- Assist in the development of the company's knowledge base.
- Bsc Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office
Desirable Licenses / Certifications
- Oil & Gas experience in mechanical design / repair.
- Good knowledge of Flow Control Products (Valves) or similar.
- Knowledge & Experience utilising SAP interface system.