We are delighted to be supporting a global technology company and pioneer of scientific optics across multiple industries, with the appointment of an NPI Engineer to work across a range of disciplines linking with all key stakeholders in the process.
As an NPI Engineer you will support the introduction of new product developments into existing/newly commissioned infrastructure.
- Be the main point of contact between the Volume Manufacturing team and the New Product Development Team
- Ensure the smooth transition of new product developments and product care into volume series production
- Continuously review best practices and implement learnings accordingly
- Be a key decision-maker in the NPI process
What do you need to do the role?
- 2+ years' industry experience with NPI/NPD in an engineering environment (electrical, mechanical, electronic etc)
- Confident and proactive with improving introduction methodologies
- Excellent communication skills - you will be the liaison between a range of stakeholders
- Comfortable with bi-monthly travel to Europe
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Experience using continuous improvement methods to optimise development/production handovers (Lean, 3P, DFM, DMA, etc.)
Cambridgeshire is a picturesque area that blends rich historical heritage with thriving innovation, offering a perfect balance of scenic beauty and vibrant opportunities for professionals seeking a dynamic work-life experience.
What else do you need to know?
- This is an on-site role with potential hybrid options
- This role involves occasional travel around the UK as well as overnight stays in Europe
- Standard benefits include: Flexible working, 25 days paid holiday + Bank holidays, 8.5% company pension contribution, Bupa Healthcare, and more.
If you believe this NPI Engineer role is right for you, submit your CV now! We are more than happy to answer any questions and support you wherever possible!