X-Ray NDT Machine Operator
Double Day Shift
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an NDT X-Ray Machine Operator to join FTSE 250 International company who specialise in components and sub-systems for the Aerospace, Defence and Energy markets. My Client provides Engine Systems including Flow Control, Thermal Systems, Engine Composites and Engine Sensors for both Civil and Defence Aerospace Customers.
We are the main provider of ice protection systems. Our solutions integrate heated structures within our advanced composite materials for high strength, reduced weight and high-ranking corrosion-resistance.
Using your experience as an NDT X-Ray Machine Operator you will:
* Set up and calibrate equipment and maintain administration records and undertake daily/weekly H&S checks
* Select the appropriate technique for the NDT method to be performed
* Prepare written instructions and techniques for NDT inspection (specific for Level II)
* Understand NDT standards and specifications and translate into working instructions (compilation of instructions specific to Level II)
* Interpret and evaluate results concerning accepted standards and specifications
* Organise and report test results
* Identify defective products and produce reports as required
* Involvement with internal, Customer and Authority audits
The role is an excellent opportunity to utilise your NDT X-Ray Machine Operating experience in an innovative industry and progress through a successful career in the Aerospace sector. Full training and career development opportunities are provided.
What experience do I need?
You will hold Level I or II in non-Film Radiography, either EN4179, SNT-TC-1A or PCN AERO qualifications and be experienced in performing radio-graphic testing.
We would also like to have experience of the following:
* Experience working in the aerospace industry would be beneficial
* Demonstrate an excellent attitude to health and safety, along with the quality assurance
* Be an excellent relationship builder, self-motivated and have good communication skills
What else do I need to know?
Perm & Full time
Excellent benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme, 25 days holiday, share save scheme, dental plan, life assurance and discount schemes.