Naval Supplier Quality Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire - on site and travelling to suppliers
Rate: £35-£40 an hour Inside IR35
Our client in the energy sector is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer with minimum of 3-5 years with proven experience in managing suppliers in the Power/nuclear industry. You will be Lead auditor with effective problem-solving skills with experience in MoD related Quality requirements in supporting major projects.
Quality Specific Goals
- Establish an approved and qualified Supply base compliant to Nuclear and Defence requirements.
- Supply base that is fully conversant with company Approval and product qualification processes.
- Suppliers fully capable of meeting the delivery of correct Quality documents to the required processes, project specific procedures and schedules.
- Management of all Product qualification utilising company processes.
- Timely execution of Quality Inspection, progressive document reviews and product release from Suppliers.
- Effective management and disposition of CAPA and leading RCA /8D with Suppliers
- Continual monitoring and improvement of suppliers using improvement processes and tools.
- Aware of and comply with UK Ministry of Defence Quality Assurance requirements, ensuring compliant flow down and adherence throughout supply chain.
- Ensure a compliant and qualified supply base by conducting supplier evaluations and audits.
- Improve supplier quality performance for assigned suppliers via Quality Plan implementation.
- Approve supplier selection through robust qualification processes.
- Travelling to supplier sites across the UK to carry out inspections and audits
- Expand supply chain through supplier selection, assessment and qualification.
- Assure supplier compliance to company QMS, Naval SQAR and regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions, and transfers.
- Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, Service, Manufacturing and Sourcing to drive Quality improvements that minimise the Costs of Quality.
- Assure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy to ensure compliance.
- Develop and execute on Supplier Audit Plan.
- Ensure timely approval of Quality documents as part of progressive review and approval.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in an engineering or technical discipline or equivalent non-technical degree with experience in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance.
- Experience in manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance.
- Experience of complex fabrications and knowledge of welding & NDE processes would be desirable
- Experience in defence-related quality assurance requirements.
- Trained Lead Quality Supplier Auditor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet development and analysis.
- Effective problem solving, root-cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross-functionally and globally).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies and in-depth understanding of site level products and related processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge on SAP/NCR reporting systems.
- Able to work under pressure in a project delivery environment with good organisation skills.
- Experience in a Nuclear, Maritime/Naval, Manufacturing, safety critical industries.
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position please submit your CV for review.