M.R.O. Repair Technician
Mon to Fri
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an M.R.O. Repair Technician to join FTSE 250 International company specializing in components and sub-systems for the Aerospace, Defense and Energy markets. Working closely with their customers, my Client delivers technologically differentiated systems and products with high certification requirements in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets.
My Client provides 24/7 AOG, M.R.O., technical, military or civil parts & spares.
Using your experience as an M.R.O. Repair Technician, you will:
- Undertake repair and overhaul across the complete M.R.O. product range.
- Carry out appropriate repair schemes.
- Operate equipment/machinery required to carry out repair and overhaul activities, clean machinery used and perform essential maintenance.
- Carry out NDT and other tests to ensure all items meet the required standards.
- Repaint items before dispatch.
- Adhere to company-wide health, safety and environmental policies and human factors procedures, including duty of care to others.
- the use of various plants & equipment included, including but not limited to:- picker/wheel truck, pedestrian truck, blasting machines, cleaning machines (ultrasonic & water), steam cleaner & dryer, water & paint stripping tanks, air/electric tools (drills, riveters, grinders, planisher), hand tools (hammers, files, spanners etc.), lathes, milling machine, drilling machine, tub grinder, test rigs, shop tooling.
- Use of cleaning chemicals.
- Operate with care in stripping component assemblies. Component maintenance manuals inspect piece parts and provide detailed inspection/strip reports and spare requirement sheets.
- Oversee work that other technicians have carried out.
- Sign off the appropriate documentation for the work carried out.
- Correct components and an ability to repair or replace as necessary and follow proper procedures are required.
- meet customer expectations.
- Perform tasks mainly in line with laid down procedures and prioritized workload.
- Care must be taken to ensure studies are performed correctly.
- customer A.O.G. requirements.
General Requirements & Accountabilities
- To attend and contribute to Daily Layered Accountability (DLA) meetings and the ongoing progression of M.P.S. within an HPC environment.
- Ability to work within and contribute to a team type approach of working and participate in the continual improvement process essential for the ongoing development of the cell.
- Verified appropriate documentation to certify inspection/quality conformance of the product being processed & that the correct process technique was followed.
- To maintain component traceability of parts throughout the manufacturing process & report any documentation errors to supervision.
- associated paperwork for the manufacturing documentation required for the product being processed.
- To maintain good housekeeping and 6-S in the work area.
- To clean and perform first-line maintenance on machinery/equipment used.
- Comply with company and HS&E procedures.
- To ensure compliance with any regulations for controlling technical data (i.e. D.F.A.R.S., I.T.A.R. etc.).
- Undergo training if required to perform particular aspects of this role.
- Jobholders may be requested to train others on the tasks associated with this role.
- The working of shift patterns may be required to meet ongoing business requirements.
- Carry out special duties as assigned.
The role is an excellent opportunity to utilize your M.R.O. Repair Technician experience in an innovative industry and progress through a successful career in the Aerospace sector. My Client provides full training and career development opportunities.
What experience do I need?
You will have a good standard of general education.
We would also like to have experience of the following:
- An engineering apprenticeship is desirable, although training will be given.
- One year of similar experience in an engineering manufacturing facility making a similar product.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and C.M.M.'s.
- The ability to use basic inspection equipment is essential.
- Good computer skills are desirable, as is a knowledge of the computer systems used (SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc.).
- Knowledge of torque values and or equipment associated with the assembly process.
- Knowledge of DATA acquisition testing systems is desirable.
- Basic assembly skills, such as fitting of thread inserts and lee pin plugs.
- Knowledge of using hydraulic pressure test rigs is desirable.
- Flexibility and dedication are required to help maintain E.A.S.A., F.A.A. and other customer approvals whilst delivering on MS&S promises.
- Care is required in using hand tools and other equipment used in accurate disassembly and assembly.