Permanent / Hybrid (3 days per week on site)
Market-leading Benefits: Private Health Insurance, Annual Bonus, Life & Disabilities Insurance, Onsite Gym
Are you a Metallurgist, or a Materials Engineer with experience working in the Oil & Gas sector?
A Global Leading provider of services and technology to the Energy sector, is recruiting for an experienced Metallurgy Engineer to strengthen the team.
This is a rare, client-facing role, where you'll have the opportunity to be a subject matter expert, and support subsea projects from tender review, through to FEED, execution and delivery.
You'll be part of a wider community of experts to share with and learn from. Extensive career progression is on offer through structured development programmes.
The Metallurgy Engineer will play a pivotal role in the success of projects, with responsibilities that include:
- Development of Material Specifications: Create and refine material and coating specifications, along with essential documentation such as materials design basis and qualification reports.
- Failure Analysis: Investigate component failures, identify root causes, and develop effective corrective actions to ensure project success.
- Engineering and Manufacturing Support: Collaborate with Design and Manufacturing Engineers, providing expertise to troubleshoot materials-related issues and answer questions as they arise.
- Supplier Auditing: Conduct technical audits of critical suppliers to ensure compliance with material specifications and industry standards, fostering a network of excellence.
- Training Program Delivery: Participate in delivering a comprehensive training program on Introduction to Metallurgy, enriching the knowledge base of engineers, quality, and procurement personnel globally.
To thrive in this role, you'll need:
- A Degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Materials Engineering, or a related subject.
- Familiarity with metallurgical processing and qualification of critical forgings/components fabricated in low alloy steels, stainless steels, and Nickel-Based Alloys.
- Working Knowledge of materials selection and corrosion prevention/mitigation in Subsea Oil and Gas Upstream Environments, along with familiarity with industry standards such as API, DNV, NORSOK, and AMPP (NACE) is preferred.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Articulate and can convey concepts with ease.
- Previous experience in a client-facing role: ensuring exceptional service and communication
Apply now to be part of a team that's transforming the future of Subsea Innovation!