Mechanical Sustainment Engineer
Location - Cheltenham - On-site
Rate - £40 - £45 an hour Inside IR35 Umbrella or Ltd
Duration - 12 months with the possibility of a 6 month extension
We require an experience Mechanical Sustainment Engineer to join our team where you will be involved in direct engagement with production/manufacturing cells. Some other key activities will involve mechanical design modifications, fault finding and route cause analysis and being on-site to participate in RCCA investigations.
- Design modifications - model & drawing
- Support Root Cause & Corrective Action investigations
- Field and support Mechanical queries from suppliers & internal stakeholders
- Design modifications using NX
- Structural and Material analysis using Mechanical theory to justify change.
- Participate in Mechanical root cause and corrective action investigations.
- Manage design changes through PLM system (PTC Windchill).
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or demonstrable equivalent experience in field.
- Experience in using NX12 (or related CAD system).
- Sheet metal experience.
- Experience in Structural & Material Analysis.
- Experience in managing design data through PDM/PLM systems.
- Competent CAD user
- Competent user of PDM/PLM Systems - Product Data Management & Product Lifecycle Management
- Strong knowledge of General Dimensioning & Tolerancing, & associated industry standards
- Strong knowledge of metallic manufacturing methods, with corresponding ability to Design for Manufacture
- Experience in Structural Analysis via theory and Finite Element
- Competent user of ANSYS FE packages
- Competent user of Siemens NX CAD System
- Competent user of Siemens Teamcenter & PTC Workgroup Manager (PLM/PDM)
- Experience in cost out
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to use typical Microsoft software packages such as word, excel etc.
- Mechanical Engineering background, within the Aerospace sector.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.