Contract until 24/12/2022
£24 p/hr PAYE
My client is seeking a number of experienced Calibrator's to join their busy team. The successful candidates will have a background in Aviation ideally or Mechanical Manufacturing Assembly. This role involves handling small and intricate parts so somebody with strong dexterity skills is essential. The person ideally will be competent in reading drawings and working to build procedures and ideally possess skills around basic engineering competencies, basic soldering, fine assembly, calibration and test procedures.
- Performs a range of routine mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly of small parts or components in accordance with company instructions and procedures.
- To calibrate and conduct test routines at sub-assembly and GA levels.
- To carry out fault finding activities on electro/mechanical sub-assembly and GA.
- To carry out rework and modifications in accordance with relevant standards.
- To compile test reports, input data with regards to work into electronic database and compile other relevant documentation.
- To maintain input to business information systems as appropriate.
- Carry out "housekeeping" of own working area.
Skills / Knowledge Required
- Able to follow written repair, overhaul and general test procedures to determine the serviceability of any electro-mechanical product at Final Assembly and Sub-Assembly levels with the minimum of supervision & training.
- Diagnose, repair and overhaul mechanical instrumentation to component level using mechanical assembly first principles.
- Familiar with the use of a wide range of mechanical tools, test and measurement equipment.
- Able to read and interpret technical data including assembly diagrams, assembly drawings, basic wiring and circuit diagrams and technical publications.
- Ability to carry out survey and test then record findings on the FRACAS system history documentation.
- Good written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Basic Understanding of Microsoft Windows and Outlook.
- High Level of Manual Dexterity.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.