Role: Materials & Planning Specialist
Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Gloucester GL3 4AQ
Rate: £16.50 PAYE
The Materials and Planning specialist will be responsible for maintaining the Master Production Schedule, communicating the production plan to Operations, and proactively raising potential supply & capacity issues. Working closely with Operations & Sourcing team to problem solve and ensure execution of the business output plan and deliver on time to our customers. Ensuring ERP system integrity is maintained and using data from multiple digital tools to make decisions & prioritise problem solving.
- Maintain and manage master production schedule to cover all demands, whilst minimising inventory.
- Maintain and update Item Master within ERP system.
- Work with commercial teams to understand demand signal feeding into ERP system.
- Create and maintain Capacity Models, by work centre, that can be used by the Materials & Operations teams.
- Responsible for proactively raising material & capacity issues, to mitigate impact to production plan.
- Use data to create reports, summarising key KPI's, Production Status updates, Shortages and more, for all levels of the business.
- Work closely with Operations teams to execute on production plan.
- Problem solves with multiple functions to execute on production plan, as well as drive continuous improvement projects.
- Implement engineering changes as they are released to Supply Chain, to ensure Operations are working to the correct build configuration, whilst minimising excess inventory.
- Support the creating of Standard Work documentation for Materials & Planning team.
- Communicate status of the plan to all levels of the business
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, or equivalent knowledge and experience in supply chain operations
- MS Office Packages - Specifically MS Excel.
- Relevant experience in Materials/Production Planning and Execution
- Knowledge and experience of ERP system.
- Established data analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills & experience.
- Knowledge and experience of production planning and scheduling
- Lean & Continuous improvement training or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- APICS CPIM - Certification in Production and Inventory Management