Role Title: Marketing Data & Digital Transformation Manager
Location: Birmingham, 1 Centenary Square, or London, 8 Canada Square
Duration: ASAP - September 2022
Rate: £350 - PAYE / £440 - Umbrella
The GCB5 role of the Marketing Data & Digital Transformation Manager is multi-faceted, embracing strategic and operational planning, marketing automation, and customer experience.
Responsible for supporting the strategic development and execution of marketing activities to promote HSBC Commercial Banking products and services in the UK to increase shareholder profitability and to support HSBC's goal to become Best Place to Bank.
The Marketing Data & Digital Transformation Manager will work within UK CMB Marketing, supporting, and implementing Marketing Transformation initiatives in UK.
The Marketing Transformation Program is charged with defining, developing and implementing a "new-state" of B2B multi-channel marketing strategy and capabilities (digital/ marketing technology capability enhancements and development of CMB's digital customer experience.) The program's aim is to redefine the customer experience across all marketing touchpoints (PPC, HSBC website, email marketing, SEO, display, social media, online banking, and RM) and to deliver competitive advantage and enhance CMB's unique positioning.
The job holder is accountable to the Senior Digital Channels Marketing Manager, and will harness, manage, and deploy customer and prospect data, and other insight to help identify opportunities, formulate recommendations, and take forward initiatives that position HSBC as a market leader.
The purpose of the role is to leverage internal and external data, and to create the data management framework required to shape UK CMB programmes.
The CMB Marketing team works with multiple stakeholders and the job holder requires the ability to effectively interface and build strong working relationships within the Marketing function and also with UK CMB partners like Digital, Analytics, and roster agencies, to generate an in depth understanding of the data environment, and marketplace we operate in.
The job holder will demonstrate a good understanding of key trends and areas of innovation which influence the way we interact and engage with our external customers and internal stakeholders. These should include digital marketing, new technology, Marketing Automation, Customer Relationship Management, Agile working practices, data and analytical tools and how these help us to be more customer centric.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be the subject matter expert on data and marketing technology, with a passion for research and keeping up with industry trends and developments.
- Deploying customer and prospect data analysis to design, build, manage and optimise automated marketing communications programs
- Creating, setting up, and managing segmentation rules and lists on the Telium Audience Manager platform
- Using market / competitor intelligence and customer insight to inform the delivery of a market leading customer experience through all communication channels.
- Developing, owning and delivering marketing strategies and plans that create stand-out in the marketplace, support brand objectives and deliver return on investment.
- Acting as an advocate for the Brand and clearly incorporate its attributes within all areas of responsibility and core deliverables.
- Proactively managing marketing budget for own areas of responsibility to derive value against plan through the appropriate use of target setting and ongoing evaluation.
- Working proactively with and influencing stakeholders and internal customers to deliver a first-class level of service and contribution to achievement of wider business goals and objectives.
- Continually ensuring that all activities are developed and executed in line with Global and UK brand strategies and objectives
- The ideal candidate for this role will have the below experience and qualifications:
- Proven experience in data analysis, tracking, data collection systems and strategies that optimise efficiency and quality, ensuring that the appropriate level measurement is planned for and executed for activities.
- Excellent analytical skills with extensive exposure in one or more of the following areas: acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources, data integration, database marketing, data and project management, and change management.
- Good understanding of digital marketing activities on channels like Social, website, SEO, display, PPC
- Range of strategic and operational marketing experience, including demonstrable success in supporting/managing automated data driven marketing campaigns.
- Experience in digital marketing platforms, including but not limited to: web analytics - Adobe Analytics, customer data platforms, event management, marketing automation (Eloqua preferred) and data management platforms (Telium Audience Manager preferred)
- Displaying an in depth understanding of data and its role in the assessment and development of strategic initiatives, campaigns, contact management, assessment of performance and ultimately return on investment.
- Proficient knowledge in customer segmentation ensuring that the right audience is being targeted at all times.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience in data quality practices, in a complex architecture environment and complex entity hierarchy models is a plus.
- Knowledge of widely used statistical and reporting packages.
- Demonstrated understanding of data privacy and regulatory requirements in regulated industries
- Demonstrates a passion for testing and learning new approaches to channel usage.
- Broad business experience, ideally within a FS based institution or in a regulated B2B role.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programmes, utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success.