Role: Maritime Structural Engineer
Duration: 3 months initially
Rate: Negotiable on experience
Inside IR35 - Umbrella Only
Security Clearance - SC Cleared
We are seeking positive individuals to join our team in Rosyth, Edinburgh with demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas listed below:
- Design of submarine structures to hand calculation or numerical based procedures for non-linear collapse, buckling, and general static stress analysis. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of MAP 01-074, Defence standards or will have worked to internal best practice guidance for primary structure.
- Significant domain knowledge and experience in the analysis & design of secondary and external submarine structure. The candidate should be able to demonstrate multiple projects in this domain and be well versed in the design loads, analysis requirements and assessment of such structures.
- Abaqus python scripting and software development. Candidates should not only have experience of python but of the Abaqus CAE API with demonstrable experience of gui and other toolset development. Experience of software version control and working to software design requirements is highly encouraged.
- Acting as, or operating under, the overall technical lead/project manager being responsible for time, cost and quality of team and individual work
- Production of timely and proactive engineering outputs, through attending and contributing to meetings and other communication methods, both formal and informal, as required
- Definition and delivery of technical workplans, resources and tasks, working with the project manager on schedule, budget, risks, dependencies and constraints.
- Ensuring effective governance to demonstrate that the technical solution meets appropriate regulatory, legal, safety and engineering standards.
- Fully capturing and understanding the customers' requirements and providing innovative solutions to customers' problems
- Leading or contributing to bidding activities
- Building and development of customer relationships to seek out new or follow-on opportunities
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or other suitable discipline
- Membership of relevant professional engineering institution or commitment to achieve chartership status
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience in an appropriate engineering role
- Familiarity with commercial FEA packages (Abaqus CAE for example)
To apply please send your CV's in the first instance