Role: Manufacturing Test Operator
Location: Cheltenham, Bishops Cleeve
Duration: 12 Months
Shift Pattern/rates: Alternating Early/Late
Shift rate: £20:95/hr
Mon - Thurs: 6am to 1:30pm. Friday: 6am - 1pm
Mon - Thurs: 1:15pm to 9:15pm. Friday: 12:45pm to 5:45pm
As a Test Operator, you will be responsible for the set up and running of production testing Top Level and Sub Level Power Distribution Panels. The role will include a range of tasks and the successful applicant should demonstrate flexibility and work effectively as part of a larger multi-disciplined team.
Key Activities / Responsibilities:
- Support daily Test processes such as following Manual Test procedures, ATP and ESS for Top Level Units and Sub-Assemblies.
- Work to Manual and Automated Test Procedures.
- Have an understanding of electronic schematics to work with Engineering and the Production Teams on investigating panel failures.
- All aspects of Test Equipment set up to support test Compliance with an adherence to relevant processes and procedures.
- The ability to identify Test Failure trends and root cause to eliminate future fails.
- The ability to formulate your own shift plan to deliver product in line with the MPS and customer requirements.
- Read and adhere to working instructions and manufacturing plans.
- Ensure quality and health & safety adherence.
- Follow daily manufacturing metrics.
- Participate in lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Work within a Production team to achieve delivery targets.
- Complete manufacturing paperwork and visual management job cards.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Ability to understand technical drawings, schematics and work instructions.
- Understanding of electrical manufacturing test processes.
- Understanding of manufacturing business systems i.e. ERP & Non-Conformance Raising.
- Able to produce work of a high quality.
- A flexible and co-operative approach.
- Appreciation of health and safety practice in the workplace.
- Experience of self-directed work and working in teams.
- Awareness of customer expectations and business requirements.
- High level of concentration & attention to detail.
- Communication and time keeping skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
To apply please send your CV's in the first instance.