Role: Manufacturing Test Operator
Location: Cheltenham, Bishops Cleeve
Duration: 12 Months
Shift Pattern/rates: Alternating Early/Late
Shift rate: £20:95/hr
Mon - Thurs: 6am to 1:30pm. Friday: 6am - 1pm
Mon - Thurs: 1:15pm to 9:15pm. Friday: 12:45pm to 5:45pm
As a Test Operator, you will be responsible for the set up and running of production testing Top Level and Sub Level Power Distribution Panels. The role will include a range of tasks and the successful applicant should demonstrate flexibility and work effectively as part of a larger multi-disciplined team.
Key Activities / Responsibilities:
- Support daily Test processes such as following Manual Test procedures, ATP and ESS for Top Level Units and Sub-Assemblies.
- Work to Manual and Automated Test Procedures.
- Have an understanding of electronic schematics to work with Engineering and the Production Teams on investigating panel failures.
- All aspects of Test Equipment set up to support test Compliance with an adherence to relevant processes and procedures.
- The ability to identify Test Failure trends and root cause to eliminate future fails.
- The ability to formulate your own shift plan to deliver product in line with the MPS and customer requirements.
- Read and adhere to working instructions and manufacturing plans.
- Ensure quality and health & safety adherence.
- Follow daily manufacturing metrics.
- Participate in lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Work within a Production team to achieve delivery targets.
- Complete manufacturing paperwork and visual management job cards.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Ability to understand technical drawings, schematics and work instructions.
- Understanding of electrical manufacturing test processes.
- Understanding of manufacturing business systems i.e. ERP & Non-Conformance Raising.
- Able to produce work of a high quality.
- A flexible and co-operative approach.
- Appreciation of health and safety practice in the workplace.
- Experience of self-directed work and working in teams.
- Awareness of customer expectations and business requirements.
- High level of concentration & attention to detail.
- Communication and time keeping skills.
- Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude.
To apply please send your CV's in the first instance.