Location: Cheltenham - 5 days a week on site
Duration: 6 months initially - extensions possible
Rate: £45 - £50 an hour - Umbrella - Inside IR35
Our client is world leader in providing aircraft engines, systems and avionics. They are looking for manufacturing engineers to join their team, working on projects in Military and Aviation products.
Role Summary: Engineering associated with manufacturing processes. Position requires strong foundation & understanding of
concepts, methods and procedures of relevant Manufacturing principles. Delivery of Lean, Six Sigma projects for improvements in people, processes, product, and technologies. Acts as a technical authority in a range of the production Cells disciplines and equipment; governance and technical sign-off, for any Operations programme changes. Be responsible for work packages and delivery against business milestones.
- Primarily Manufacturing engineering tactical/Cell Support within the Avionics & Military Power Programmes
- Manage delivery plans with overall business awareness.
- Risk assessment and mitigation, with problem solving attributes.
- Governance of Production processes & systems - FAIs/Routings/ECNs
- Knowledge of FAI, PFMEA, MRL, MCRL and 6s. Project planning/management skills
- Can identify/evaluate improvement opportunities.
- Understand the requirements of related disciplines and Co-ordinate and support the requirements needed from ME.
- Interprets data and acts as technical authority for reports / data summaries.
- Recommends actions using Engineering knowledge and experience / judgement.
- Prepares and reviews procedures. Influences Design for Manufacture.
- Identify and implement the delivery of process improvements & the transfer of best practice.
- Lead & co-ordinate complex issue diagnosis and resolution.
- Drive to root cause and implement solutions to manufacturing or test processes.
- Develop new methods and evolve processes. Defines new methods/tooling designs and defines/advises on local operating procedures.
- Ensures lessons learned are shared and identifies opportunities to read across.
- Represents ME function by attending such forums as Design for Assembly/Design for Manufacture events, MRL /PRR and vising on Technical & commitment.
- Experience in Electro-Mechanical engineering
- Fault finding and analysis
- Ideally a background in Aviation and Defence OR safety critical industries
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Production and Assembly experience
- Experience in process improvements and test processes
- Six Sigma experience is highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college HNC/HND
- SS Green Belt Desirable
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Owns prioritisation of workload in line with objectives.
- Proactively manages workload, communicates to internal customers and functional leadership
If this role is of interest, please submit your CV for review