Role: Management Accountant
Location: Fareham (full-time on-site)
Duration: 7 months (until August)
Rate: Up to £42.65/hour PAYE
You will support the Finance Manager with preparation of monthly accounts and reporting. Ensuring thorough and robust balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a monthly basis. Be able to investigate and correct any anomalies or unidentified items on the balance sheet. And manage inventory including regular stock counts across the business.
In addition to the month end process, you will be supporting on various ad hoc tasks driven mainly by a SOX implementation project and the upcoming site wise SAP implementation in 2024.
The Ideal candidate must be motivated, a self-starter and have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment. We are looking for someone who has strong proficiency in financial management software and MS Excel and have proven experience as a management accountant or in similar role. If you have excellent analytic and problem solving skills, along with effective communication and interpersonal skills we would love to hear from you.
The Management Accountant will be:
- Assisting with preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Accruals, prepayments and journal entries.
- Inventory management
- Completion of balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis and correct anomalies or unidentified items.
- Provide support to internal and external audit processes.
- Assistance to other members of the finance team as directed by the Finance Manager.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Proven experience of working within a similar role
- Computer literate - with the likes of financial management software and MS Excel
- Ideally some working knowledge of SAP.
- Financial knowledge of Sales and Purchase Ledger accounting processes
- Well organised, detail oriented and ability to multitask.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Strong team player!
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- SAP experience