My client is a global leader in the Oil & Energy space. We are looking for a talented Lead Project Engineer to lead the execution of projects within the Tree Engineering team.
This role provides excellent career visibility and progression opportunities.
Scope of the role
The Tree Project Engineering group is responsible for execution of Tree Engineering projects, per the Customer's contract, within budget and schedule. Projects Engineers are responsible for ensuring the delivered scope provides maximum technical benefit to the Customer whilst supporting the business achieve the greatest margin and client satisfaction.
- Project Engineers are at the front end of the Tree Engineering department, they drive execution of Projects and liaise and interface with both internal and external customers. The role involves collaborating across all Engineering groups, from Pre-Execution to Product Engineering, to Engineering Services and Systems Engineering.
- The Project engineering team is responsible for the creation of all top-level documentation and BOMs as well as providing guidance on product design and ensuring the delivered product meets the customer contract. They are also required to run all design reviews both internally and externally and provide monthly project updates to Senior Engineering management.
- The role offers an excellent opportunity for development of technical understanding and interpersonal skills, as well as fantastic professional visibility within the business and external to the organisation. You will be the technical lead for the delivered scope and will guide the product groups and top level modelling teams in creation of the optimal solution.
- The Project Engineering role also offers the opportunity for travel to ensure quality of delivered products, to provide technical support for build and test activities and to forge strong working relationships with our internal and external customers.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to analyse and solve complex technical problems to provide cost effective design solutions.
- Previous Tree Product experience advantageous but not mandatory.
- Degree in Engineering or suitable alternative qualification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record working to and achieving deadlines.
- Have an adaptable / flexible approach including willingness to travel internationally to support Customer and Plant meetings where necessary.
- Conversant in Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Optimus and Microsoft Office products.