Location - Tilbury
Salary - £55,000 to £65,000
Are you a Lead Manufacturing Engineer looking for a new opportunity? If you're looking to progress your career, contribute your experience and add value to a reasonably young electric truck manufacturing organisation, click apply today.
As a Lead Manufacturing Engineer, you will make a major impact on the business through your expertise, strong leadership skills and ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This role covers all aspects of the facility and production system from initial concept through to installation & launch. Does this sound like you?
- Delivering the planning and implementation of new and major changes to vehicle assembly and test lines
- On-time delivery of safe, robust assembly processes and equipment to safety, quality, and cost expectations
- Application of lean manufacturing & design for assembly principles
- Lead virtual build events raising and championing issues where appropriate.
- Supporting the team to facilitate physical builds at workshop, pilot build and Manufacturing Plant locations, raising and managing issues where appropriate.
- Providing guidance on feasibility assessments for Product Development designs to suit manufacturing build requirements.
- Mentor and lead the engineers to deliver the above, including the development of the engineer in both hard and soft skills
- 5 years' experience within a manufacturing environment - including experience of manufacturing and process engineering including assembly operations is preferred
- Experience of leading a small team of new and experience manufacturing engineers would be ideal
- Experience of facility installation, project management, capability validation, commissioning, and product launch
- The ability to work as part of a team is essential, as is the ability to achieve results by meeting deliverables / commitments.
- Ideally, educated to Degree level in Manufacturing Systems or a similar engineering discipline. Candidates with HNC / HND and the relevant experience would be considered.
If you believe that you are a good fit for the Lead Manufacturing Engineer position, submit your CV now. We are more than happy to answer queries and help you with your journey. This role is a great opportunity for someone to work in a field and ready to maximise their potential.