Lead Functional Safety Engineer
My client is a leading British technology company and truck manufacturer, best known for its zero-emission Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) and hydrogen fuel cell range-extended vehicles. This is an organisation that create technology because it matters and makes a difference to humanity. They are moving the world towards a better way of transporting everything to everyone. With government and private investment backing, this company is now 8 years old and in full swing of manufacturing electrical trucks, with exceptional growth plans.
This is your chance to make your mark in the Functional Safety Team early in on the company's development, taking ownership of your own work and use your expertise to achieve personal and business goals.
The Lead Functional Safety Engineer will oversee all the functional safety related aspects of project execution for traction delivery and HV batteries deployed in all vehicles of which demands a deep understanding of system of sub-system components required to meet ASIL D requirements as well as the practical implications on software and hardware architectures.
The Lead Functional Safety Engineer will take a proactive approach to drive the functional safety of the vehicle control systems and battery design using a systems engineering approach aiding SW and HW teams to define requirements and associated test plans. You're also expected to co-ordinate all activities required, including all the associated documentation, for system sign off with both internal and external auditors.
- Demonstrable experience leading or managing a team within the Functional Safety Domain.
- Experience with Functional safety related development project & applying standards such as ISO 26262 and/or IEC 61508 and & ASIL D/SIL 3 level.
- Experience with safety and Environmental Management principles across the aerospace / automotive domain including:
- Engineering assurance as well as experience with Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and Event Tree Analysis.
- Hazard and Risk Analysis (HARA) techniques
- Legislative requirements
- Safety assurance throughout product lifecycle
- Safety case management
If this role sounds like you, apply today for immediate consideration!