6 month contract (initial - extension possible)
£12 per hour | Full time
- Shifts: 7.30am - 3.30pm
Our client, an industry leader within biopharmaceutical manufacturing are currently searching for a talented Laboratory Technician to be based at their Cardiff laboratory for a 6 month contract. This exciting company provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world.
Information about the role:
As a Laboratory Technician, you will be involved in the manufacture, dispensing, Quality Control and packing of customised products for commercial sale. Full training on the specific demands of the role will be provided, as our client are willing to invest in developing the talent of tomorrow.
The lab technician will work as part of a team responsible for the manufacture of customized Lyo-stable products. The team works closely with customers to produce customised stabilized products to their specification.
The client are looking for a self-motivated individual who is able to work independently as well as within a team setting. You will need to have the ability to work in an organized and logical manner to enable multi-tasking as you will be required to have the ability to prioritize your own work schedule.
- Manufacture, dispensing, QC and packing of customized products for commercial sale by following developed methods.
- Work as part of a team to schedule and deliver against customer requirements.
- Utilizing a variety of analytical methods (e.g. UV, Tg Onset, Karl Fischer) to ensure product quality is maintained and products can be released to the customer.
- Working closely with the R&D team in the introduction of new products into the manufacturing area.
- Using problem solving skills and methods to troubleshoot manufacturing issues.
- To be aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Completion of all quality and compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- To identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
Experience and Skills needed:
- Working lab experience and familiarity with general lab equipment, i.e. pipettes, centrifuge, balance etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot, collate data and effectively communicate results both written and verbally.
- Knowledge of computers and common software packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Ability to be flexible with working hours including some weekend overtime to optimize use of the lyophilization equipment.
Think you are the perfect fit for this position? Apply directly to the vacancy and we will be in touch to discuss suitability. We look forward to hearing from you!