Junior Software Inventory Lead
8 month contract
The Software Inventory Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the delivery team's (DT's) software estate responding to demands for software, software support and licensing securing appropriate supply within budget and on time.
Specifically, the Software Inventory Manager will:
- Manage and monitor the deployment of Clients software and licence estate.
- Manage the DT's licence entitlement and monitoring of licence consumption to support timely reconciliation.
- Review the licence inventory and reports effective licence position.
- Manage the DT's End User Licence Agreement repository
- Maintain the DT's SAM database.
- Coordinate and/or negotiate conflicting or complex software inventory or licence requirements.
- Processes software/licence demands.
- Plans and supports software, support and licence renewals.
- Evidence of managing product demand and supply, proactively working to resolve issues to ensure delivery of assets on time, to the right place, in the right condition, at the right price.
- High competence in interpreting data, analysing problems, and formulating solutions to present to senior management.
- Effective influenceability to achieve the right outcomes.
- Software licensing compliance audit experience.
- Evidence of successful management and delivery of complex projects within the MOD.
- Evidence of working collaboratively as a member of a team and building strong relationships with colleagues in other disciplines as well as industry.
- Evidence of strong project management skills; demonstrated ability to work in a self-structured, project-based technical environment working across the business to plan, execute and report delivery activities.
- Experience supporting management and monitoring programme activity with cross-project dependencies; support development of plans; support development and utilise trackers to monitor and report progress.
- Demonstration of strong MS Office skills and experience of utilising MS Office tools to underpin project planning and control, maintaining coherent governance and reporting.
- Recent experience of developing stakeholder engagement/communications plans.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates are required to hold an active SC clearance or be eligible to undergo