IT Support Engineer
Location: Pollards Wood
Duration: 24-month contract
Rate: £20.50 an hour PAYE
As an IT Support Engineer, you will be a part of the MyTech Lounge team.
The MyTech Lounges are a site-based 'walk up' service for users to get support for their IT services or devices. You will be based at a desk and provide support to the site location focusing on customer service & prompt incident ticket resolution. Working as part of a team at the MyTech Lounge while being the direct liaison with end users to troubleshoot & resolve their open IT issues.
In this role, you will:
- Act as IT concierge service to provide end users skilled troubleshooting for all their open IT issues.
- Focal point for customer interaction and support for all local IT issues including client, mobility, wireless, AV, conference room and physical connectivity.
- Manage on-site inventory of PCs and mobile devices - including lockable storage and the return or receipt of devices to/from a central depot or OEM.
- Provide support to remote users through the telephone or Skype session - including screen sharing or direct access to the user's machine.
- Maintain/resolve all open incidents/tasks within ticket queue in a timely manner.
- Partner with Digital Workplace Solutions Premium Experience Team on new technology introduction projects to ensure the campus is prepared to deploy and support the new solutions.
- On-site hands and eyes support for other IT teams.
- Ensure all business policies and standards related to client services and IT security and compliance are being met.
- Drive and deliver a customer service approach for IT support issues for Corporate and on-site clients, using any available tools and resources.
- Analyse and resolve complex hardware and software issues.
- Communicate, orally and in writing, technical information to audiences at all levels of the organisation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or other technical / IT field OR (a Minimum 1 years of relevant IT work experience)
- Minimum 1 years of experience with client (PC) technologies and support services.
- Experience in mission critical IT operations support environments
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organisation and external customers
- Experience working in a global organisation
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to develop and follow procedures
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks, client relationships and expectations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organisational ability