IT Procurement Officer
Location: Havant/Reading - Remote working
Duration: 3 months with possible extension
Hours - 40 per week
£500 per day - Umbrella
You'll be responsible for sourcing the supply of IT Services, Software and SaaS (Cloud) in accordance with all internal policies and procedures and external legislation, including UK Procurement Legislation where applicable. You'll work with Category Managers as well as the Business in the development of both standard and complex contracting and sourcing strategies.
You will ensure the lowest total cost of ownership to the group, and robust contractual provisions to mitigate risks in contract delivery. Support relevant supplier relationship and performance management activities. Working with the wider Procurement and Commercial team, you'll continually drive efficiencies in sourcing and the overall process
Your Skills and Experience:
- You will have a broad knowledge of IT markets (particularly in running tender activities to move from the Data Centres to the Cloud and setting up a centre of excellence), business needs and UK Procurement Legislation, able to put this into overall context.
- You'll have a good understanding of relevant statutory and legal provisions, with a strong ability to draft contracts with special terms and ensure the company has the protection it needs in it contracts for the long term.
- Experience in the use of Procurement related systems, such as Oracle, Jaggaer Bravo! and Achilles Utility Vendor Database or similar systems would be beneficial. Additionally, you will work closely with Stakeholders to understand their requirements, manage expectations and influence people outside your sphere of responsibility.
- Understand the supply chain and how to manage it.
- A target-focused and result-driven individual, you'll be able to bring about change in an energetic environment. Your self-confidence and independence will enable you to challenge the norm, think creatively, and negotiate well.
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills, with a highly developed drafting and writing ability.
Candidate's required/essential experience:
- IT procurement experience particularly with experience in Cloud Transformation
- Proficient in IT contract knowledge
- Stakeholder & Supplier management