IT Procurement Manager
Coventry (2 Days Office - 3 Days WFH)
£598 Per Day PAYE
6 Month Contract
- Ensures the timely delivery of specific procurement projects which achieve targeted savings and minimise supply risk
- Performs strategic supplier relationship management of key IT suppliers
- Leads negotiations with sophisticated IT suppliers or service providers
- Identifies and involves key stakeholders early and translates their business needs to deliver commercial solutions
- Leads the identification, development and performance management of suppliers to deliver the business need
- Identifies efficiency opportunities and implements associated improvements using value engineering approaches
- Applies new policy and process changes within the procurement operating environment
- Develops project plans and prioritises delivery of a number of simultaneous strategic sourcing requirements
- Produces and maintains central procurement documentation on behalf of the internal stakeholders (e.g. sourcing cycle process, supplier and benefits management validation)
- Builds and maintains strong internal and external relationships at senior and executive management levels.
Key skills and competencies required:
- Conversant and experienced in the application of modern category management tools and techniques, with an ability to develop category strategies to meet stakeholder needs
- Has excellent technical knowledge and experience in category management application
- Commercial acumen with proficient negotiation skills, with confidence and ability to lead complex commercial negotiations and achieve results
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism and is viewed by internal and external stakeholders as credible and trustworthy.
- Self-motivated, results driven, proactive and highly accountable
- Proven team player but can also be relied to work on their own initiative
- Confidently and comfortably operates at a strategic and operational level
- Proven track record of meeting cost savings across various IT categories.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a high level of presentation skills.
- Strong and proven interpersonal and organisational skills with ability to handle multiple projects in a challenging and dynamic environment.
For more information please click APPLY NOW.