Job title - IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) Portfolio Manager
Location - London, Canary Wharf/Remote
Rate - Up to £715 PAYE or Umbrella £917
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 10 months
Our financial services client is currently seeking a IT Infrastructure Delivery (ITID) Portfolio Manager
join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will initially be for 10 months.
Portfolio Managers are responsible for deploying the Business Transformation Frameworks within their portfolio and instilling good programme disciplines within their programmes/projects across IT Infrastructure Delivery and the Bank Group. The role holder has end to end responsibility for all aspects of the portfolio, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management. They are also responsible for effective handover of any of the programmes/projects within their portfolio into Business as Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation. They work closely with their respective Programme Managers, Project Managers, and the Global IT Infrastructure Delivery PPM Practice team and their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their portfolio with the wider IT Infrasturcture Delivery change portfolio, IT change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviours.
As Portfolio Manager in the IT Infrastructure Delivery PPM team, the role holder will provide direct oversight and accountability for the portfolio of programme (s) / projects (s) wihtin their portfolio. They will report into the Global Head of Portfolio & Programme Management within IT Infrastructure Delivery. In executing this role, the Portfolio Manager will need to:
- influence strategy and shape the programme approach across a series of projects or component activities, building stakeholder buy-in around plans, commitments and changes
- accountable for assisting business stakeholders with the decomposition of complex business requirements into requirement/epics and user stories that can be delivered by Technology teams.
- build strong relationships with senior stakeholders within but not limited to: IT, Infrastructure Delivery, Global Businesses and Global Functions, Finance
- work closely with their respective Programme, Project Managers, the Global ITID PPM Practice team and their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their portfolio of programmes/projects with the wider change portfolio and group strategy, values, and behaviour
- provide board level overview of progress, lead and direct multidisciplinary teams across all global businesses, global functions and regions
- lead end to end execution and responsibility for all aspects of the portfolio of programmes/projects, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management.
- Provide financial analysis, including being able to contextualize financial data into business activities and conclusions.
- Accountable for all elements of programme financial management, including headcount and software delivery capitalisation
- Ensure the adherence to financial processes and procedures at portfolio, programme, and project level, as set and communicated by HSBC Group, regulators, and IT Infrastructure Delivery PPM Practice.
- Own the identification and escalation of any budgetary related risks, issues, and opportunities to portfolio/function as appropriate.
- have responsibility for effective handover of the programme into Business-as-Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation.
- have responsibility for deploying the Business Transformation Frameworks and respective methodologies within their portfolio of programmes/projects and instilling good programme disciplines within their programme and wider team.
- lead and manage within the matrix environment to enable successful delivery.
- manage negotiation with and management of, and service agreement monitoring of third party contracts with Technology suppliers.
- manage the development and promotion of the technology portfolio and project management practices.
- manage the reporting of progress, issues, dependencies and risks to committees and make recommendations to influence decision making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation.
- drive Agile ways of working and utilise Agile practices and DevOps capabilities.
- provide insight on how we can optimise the change portfolio to maximize the investment in our strategic change agenda.
- Maintain Technology regulatory compliance and mandatory vendor change.
- Meet capacity requirements and maintain appropriate vendor support for both hardware and software (termed 'Evergreening').
- Ensuring that all Technology practices and associated tools are being adopted and adhered to within the Programme.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Outstanding project, programme and portfolio management experience which include communications capabilities, decision making and problem-solving skills, lateral thinking, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding and proven experience of Programme and Project Management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Ability to direct and influence people in a matrix orientated environment and establish working partnerships at a junior and senior organizational level.
- Proven experience of positive, challenging interactions with Senior Executives across the business.
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
- Change agent with proven ability of implementing large scale organizational, procedural, technology and people related change programmes.
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in simple language to recognize to the global remit of this role.
- Detail orientated.
- Strong financial analytical background and proven ability in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualize financial data into business activities and conclusions.
- Experience of delivering large scale change programmes within a Technology organization, with Infrastructure experience.
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously across the bank.
- Experience of leading and managing teams with proven track record of working with diverse, cross functional teams that are located regionally and worldwide.
- Experience of driving continuous improvement
The Bank is going through an unprecedented period of change in its move to a sustainable globally led and connected organisation. There is increasing external scrutiny and pressure on the Financial Services industry from governments, regulators, media, investors, and brokers. The role holder needs to understand the impact of all these changes on HOST and The Bank and support the Global Head of ITID PPM as necessary. The role holder will be required to interact with many internal and external parties at the highest level of management and therefore needs an outstanding level of professionalism and gravitas.
ITID PPM Portfolio Managers are responsible for deploying the Business Transformation Frameworks within their programme and instilling good programme disciplines within their programme and across IT Infrastructure Delivery, IT, and the Bank Group. The role holder has end to end responsibility for all aspects of their portfolio of programmes/projects, including definition, planning, execution & implementation, governance & control, financial, resource and change management. They are also responsible for effective handover of the respective programmes/projects into Business-as-Usual operations to support effective benefits realisation. They work closely with their respective Programme Managers, Project Managers, and the Global IT Infrastructure Delivery PPM Practice team as well as their senior stakeholders to ensure alignment of their programme with the wider change portfolio and the Group Strategy, Values and Behaviours.
This role holder will establish and deliver IT Infrastructure Delivery PPM Change portfolios which could include but is not limited to: Service Sustaining portfolio (SSP), Transformation, IT Infrastructure Delivery Cyber Security and the ITID Corporate Real Estate (CRE) portfolio.
If you are relevant or interested, please contact me at