Role: IT Infrastructure Engineer
Site Location: Blandford Camp - Dorset - 2/3 day on-site per-week
Rate: Negotiable - Inside IR35 (Umbrella only)
Duration: Initially until 31/05/24 - extension likely
SC Clearance required
MOD Delivery Team is responsible for the development, fielding and sustainment of a range of Tactical Communication and Information Systems and equipment used in the Joint Land Environment. The operational context includes both mounted (wheeled and tracked military vehicles) and dismounted land forces, and is inclusive of the Royal Navy in the littoral environment and elements of the Royal Air Force.
The role of the IT Infrastructure Engineer (MTRC Test Environment) is to design, implement and manage the system and test environment within the MTRC facility and to support the planning, development and implementation of communication system test activities.
The facility management responsibilities include devising and implementing test environment changes, maintaining system serviceability, and developing a roadmap for system and infrastructure enhancements.
The communication system testing responsibilities include determining and implementing complex system configurations for test events and directing the implementation of the schedule of test activities.
The role also incorporates provision of support and training for the facility's test engineers to enable tasks to be completed successfully within the facility, alongside liaison with stakeholders and external agencies to determine requirements for test events.
This IT infrastructure engineer role at MTRC includes the following activities and outputs:
- Undertake design and development of the MTRC test environment
- Maintain and service facility systems to ensure they are available for conducting test activities
- Implement system build updates and manage software deployments
- Implement infrastructure upgrades and new capabilities as they become available
- Design and implement test laydowns
- Direct and support test setup, test execution and assurance of test outputs
- Carry out systems maintenance and inspections
- Support configuration management of equipment infrastructure
- Undertake supervisory management
The role suits an experienced and proactive engineer who is able to apply technical expertise, management skills and a hands-on approach to develop and maintain the test environment, whilst providing leadership and support that ensures a continuing programme of test activities is conducted successfully.
Key required attributes are:
- Experience in the design and management of IT infrastructure
- Expertise in the specification, configuration and operation of hardware and software components of IT systems
- Experience in conducting formal system test and acceptance
- Technical understanding of the building blocks of communications systems.
To apply please send your CVs in the first instance