IT Application Lead - Crawley
The IT Application Lead is responsible for managing functional and technical delivery of assigned applications within the business systems landscape, and for managing deliveries from direct and indirect teams and service providers. The IT Application Lead is responsible for three key areas: Application Management, including maintenance, security, performance and support; Application Release Management; and Application Infrastructure Management, including hosting, databases and technologies within the application.
- Be responsible and accountable for the end-to-end management of the application life cycle in the run state, which includes hosting, data bases, licensing, development (enhancements and integrations), testing, release management, performance monitoring, security, back-ups, remediation and automation.
- Be responsible and accountable for the release cycle, which includes scheduling, coordinating and managing application enhancement and releases, including application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, and small to medium projects.
- Implement release processes for the progression of code in the development, test and production environments.
- Collaborate with and manage the participants and resources, including L2 and L3 teams involved in the applications.
- Monitor application development as part of projects, and support developers and testers in the build development and test environments.
- Use tools such as Remedy, InTouch, SRA, ALM and TFS to manage support and application releases as required.
- Work with Business Systems Sustaining Governance to improve software engineering processes and practices associated with building, deploying and updating application software and environments.
- Provide a leadership role in ensuring L2 and L3 teams are adhering to best practices, processes and tools, including adherence to client's application maintenance and security guidelines.
- Monitor the application performance to ensure that end users are being optimally serviced.
- Improve application performance and reduce time to market through automation.
- Remediate the application based on ticket analysis and improve the end user experience.
- Ensure that knowledge management and application documentation is updated systematically and periodically, including functional work flows and new enhancements.
- Manage integration's with other applications.
- Implement comprehensive and rigorous requirement gathering and a robust testing process.
- Manage user training.
- Be responsible for the security of the application, including business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Manage the relationship with service providers for software development and infrastructure support.
- Participate in quarterly reviews with service providers to help the continuous improvement process.
- Full SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) Exposure
- Software Architecture, Design
- Usability / Front End design
- SQL Server Database Management, scripting, maintenance etc.
- Software support
- Problem solving
- Networks/Virtual Server environments/Firewalls etc.
- Software Testing
- Project Management
- Team leading, Coaching
- Budgeting and Finance - Resources and Estimations
- Business Knowledge - Oil & Gas (Bonus: Production and Production Loss Management, Reservoir Excellence, Well data)
- Communication - Business and Technical language
- Presentation Skills.
- Enjoy learning / researching future technologies