Injection Moulding Setter
Tool and Machine Setting
Carry out tool changes and set machine process using best practice and in accordance with health and safety procedures.
Support trials of new tools to achieve optimum performance
Train operators to perform start up, shut down and problem analysis procedures
Manage Production Efficiencies
Provide hands on process support Ensure efficient tool changes Minimise machine downtime
Optimise setting conditions
Minimise scrap and other material wastage
Ensure all production recording documents are completed as necessary
Obtain first and last off approval samples
Maintain quality throughout production run
Liaise with Manager and operators to identify and categories production deficiencies
Machine and Tool Maintenance
Responsible for care and low-level maintenance of both machines and tools (to agreed limits)
Liaise with appropriate support staff to arrange advanced levels of maintenance and repairs
Control of Documents
Create and control master setting sheets
Control and display of production and quality instructions
Health & Safety Procedures
Ensure all procedures are followed and maintained
Report any incidents or concerns
- Previous experience within an injection moulding environment
- The ability to read technical drawings and use measuring devices.
- An ability to work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Excellent understanding of health & safety requirements.