Import & Export Logistics Specialist
Duration: 12 months with a view to be made permanent
Rate: £16.50 - £18 per hour PAYE
Hours: 37 per week, with flexible working hours
On-site secure parking
Our client the world leader in providing aircraft engines, systems and avionics is currently looking for an experienced Import & Export Logistics Specialist to join their team in Cheltenham. Initially the contact will be for 12 months with a view to be made permanent.
The Import & Export Logistics Specialist is responsible for overseeing the import of materials for production onto site and export of products out to customers. Reporting to the Logistics Compliance Leader.
- Responsible for the import / export country compliance processes
- Work closely with operations teams to develop processes to assure compliance with all country requirements
- Responsible for implementing processes consistent with local regulations and will be responsible operationally for driving adherence to each process
- Raising of monthly HMRC reports
- Responsible for integrating compliance into the working processes, working closely with portfolio specialists
- Awareness of operational metrics to assure compliance with all import / export procedures
- Prepare / maintain reporting of current status/progress of all import / export activity to operational teams
- Handle all import and export tasks, including import clearance instructions, customs entries and HMRC
- Prepare and verify shipping documentation and arrange and monitor transportation
- Responsible for any other administrative duties and customer service as needed
- Attend and support team daily operating rhythms with departmental concerns and present performance when required.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Demonstrable experience in an import/export or logistics role would be highly advantageous however if you have administrative experience within a manufacturing environment, we would be very interested in hearing from you
- Confident and capable of working to deadlines
- Ability to undertake basic calculations (ie. VAT and duty)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Interested in process simplification
- Logistics administration
- Strong excel skills
If you are interested, then please don't delay and apply direct today!