Location - Bristol
£490 per day - Negotiable - Inside IR35
SC - Preferred
My client is seeking an experienced ILS Officer to expand the Project Team to enable the delivery of the next generation of Tactical Communication and Information Systems. BATCIS (Battlefield and Tactical Communications & Information Systems) is responsible for the development, fielding and sustainment of a range of tactical CIS equipment and systems used in the joint Land Environment
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Provide the ILS focus for the Project.
- Provide the interface for the Project Team with all logistic support stakeholders.
- Support to the Senior Management of the ILS Team within their vertical pillar and supporting the setting and supervision of individual and Team tasks and objectives.
- Provide the logistic support input into reliability, maintainability and testability activity.
- Represent ILS requirements at meetings and committees within MOD and, if applicable, partner nations including:
- Chair of Project Logistic Support Committee (LSC);
- Represent Project requirements at the LSC for associated systems;
- Represent Project at meetings related to the Elements and Disciplines of ILS
- Consider the formation of sub-groups reporting to the LSC for the related Elements and Disciplines of ILS;
- Identify and monitor Support risks, ensure responsibility is allocated and mitigation formulated and reduced As Low As Reasonably Practical (ALARP);
- Provide the necessary ILS support to Industry, and other ILS Managers;
- Ensure that support lessons learnt are disseminated to other PTs, Contractors and DES SEOC- as appropriate;
- For an international or inter-service collaborative project, provide the point of contact for logistic support matters between the lead/international project office, the UK DT and national agencies;
- Provide the logistic support input to all project papers, reports and submissions;
- Plan for introduction into service.
- Chartered Institution Membership of appropriate institution
- Approved PGCERT\PGDIP\MSC ILS.
- ILS/TTLS Level 3 Licence
- Minimum: ILS/TTLS Level 1 Licence.
If you are interested in the role, then please submit your up to date CV and apply