Hydraulic Fitter - Assembly & Test
Mon to Fri
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hydraulic Fitter - Assembly & Test to join FTSE 250 International company specialising in components and sub-systems for the Aerospace, Defence and Energy markets. My Client provides Engine Systems including Flow Control, Thermal Systems, Engine Composites and Engine Sensors for both Civil and Defence Aerospace Customers.
My Client's simulation and modelling activity form the basis of the high quality, intelligent software found in their brake control units. They've pioneered and refined these models for 40 years over many diverse programmes. The result means reduced technical risk, more programme certainty and less commercial exposure.
Using your experience as a Hydraulic Fitter - Assembly & Test, you will:
- Assemble and test all parts of the Braking System, from straightforward sub-assemblies to complex hydraulic control units.
- Maintain component trace-ability of all aspects throughout the manufacturing assembly process.
- Attend and contribute to Daily Layered Accountability meetings.
- Assess repair retest and or modify production returns.
- Complete the inspection and associated paperwork that aid the manufacturing documentation required for that product.
- Be able to work within and contribute to a team type approach of working and participate in the continual improvement process essential for the ongoing development of the cell.
The role is an excellent opportunity to utilise your Hydraulic Fitter - Assembly & Test experience in an innovative industry and progress through a successful career in the Aerospace sector. My Client provides full training and career development opportunities.
What experience do I need?
You will be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and have computer skills of a good standard. You will also comprehend torque values and or equipment and the ability to use essential inspection equipment. You will also have basic assembly skills - for example, the fitting of thread inserts and lee pin plugs.
We would also like to have experience of the following:
- Knowledge of using the following equipment: Linear and pressure transducers, load cells, flow meters, multi-meters, dielectric testing, bonding meters, power packs, hydraulic pressure rigs etc.
- Basic soldering skills
- Knowledge of DATA acquisition testing systems
- An engineering apprenticeship - City and Guilds in Engineering and operational experience working in an assembly environment, although my Client will give training.