Role: Hydraulic Fitter - Assembly & Test
Location: Ansty Park, Coventry
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Up to £18.88 p/h
My client is looking for a Hydraulic Fitter to be responsible for supporting the output of the cell through the efficient and effective operation of various assembly and test techniques, including sub-assemblies. Part of a multidisciplinary team, achieving performance measures, continuous improvement and first line maintenance objectives.
- To build 100 different kind of Hydraulic valves as required ranging from military to commercial use.
- To test built valves using a hydraulic testing kit. All valves will be tested to 8000PSI.
- To attend and contribute to Daily Layered Accountability meetings.
- To be responsible for the inspection and associated paperwork that support the manufacturing documentation required for that product.
- Ability to work within and contribute to a team type approach of working and participate in the continual improvement process essential for the ongoing development of the cell.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- An understanding of torque values and or equipment.
- Basic soldering skills is desirable.
- Knowledge of DATA acquisition testing systems is desirable.
- The ability to use basic inspection equipment is essential.
- An engineering apprenticeship - City and Guilds in Engineering and operational experience working in an assembly environment desirable, although
- Training will be given.
- Basic assembly skills example fitting of thread inserts and lee pin plugs is essential.
- Examples of desirable inspection/test equipment experience: Pressure Transducer, Linear controller rams, Magnatreator, Gouse Meter, Dielectric testing, Load cells and LabView DATA Acquisition software.
To apply or to be considered for the role then please do forward your CV.