Title: Hydraulic Fitter
Duration: 6 Months
- To perform the tasks required to assemble/disassemble/test/repair hydraulic and electric wheel & brake assemblies, including sub-assemblies.
- To build and dismantle hydraulic and electric wheel & brake assemblies according to agreed procedures.
- To clean wheels, brakes, and sub-components, operating all machinery involved with cleaning.
- To perform appropriate repairs/replacement of components.
- To proof and porosity test hydraulic brake and sub-assemblies using isopropyl alcohol, air, skydroll, DTD 585 etc.
- To perform testing on electric brake assemblies and sub-assemblies to include dielectric, insulation resistance, bonding, motor phase testing and functional testing.
- Check that correct component parts are being used in the assembly process as per drawing requirements and ensure that the correct consumables (grease, adhesives, lubricants etc) are used
- The identification of wheel & brake assemblies and sub-assemblies by hand stamping/dot peening/vibro peening etc.
- Check balancing of wheels/hub sub-assemblies and the fitting of correction weights by drilling hubs and hand tapping holes.
General Requirements & Accountabilities
- To attend and contribute to Daily Layered Accountability (DLA) meetings and to support the ongoing progression of MPS within a HPC environment.
- Ability to work within and contribute to a team type approach of working and participate in the continual improvement process essential for the ongoing development of the cell.
- Individual Process Control (PC) stamping (or electronic equivalent) of planning cards to certify inspection / quality conformance of the product being processed & that the correct process technique was followed.
- To maintain component traceability of parts throughout the manufacturing process & reporting of any documentation errors to supervision.
- Responsible for the associated paperwork that supports the manufacturing documentation required for the product being processed.
- To maintain good housekeeping and 6-S in the work area.
- To clean and perform first line maintenance on machinery / equipment used.
- Comply with company and HS&E procedures.
- To ensure compliance with any regulations for the control of technical data (i.e. DFARS, ITAR etc).
- Undergo training if required in order to perform particular aspects of this role.
- Jobholder may be requested to train others on the tasks associated with this role.
- The working of shift patterns may be required to meet on-going business requirements.
- Carry out special duties as assigned.