Job title - Business Analyst/ Project Manager
Location - Hybrid, London/ Remote
Rate - £605 PAYE or £776 UMBRELLA
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 12 months
HSBC is currently seeking an experienced Hybrid Business Analyst/ Project Manager to join their MSS Transformation Team.
The Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) is a key strategic programme to ensure HSBC meets the regulatory requirements stipulated by FRTB. The programme covers impacts on Markets front office, Traded Risk, Product Control and interacts with the transformation as well as run the bank teams in these areas.
The role holder would work within the FRTB programme team and be responsible for taking the lead on analysis of significant aspects of the transformation required to support FRTB.
The Programme team is responsible for ensuring end-to-end requirements for FRTB are identified and that comprehensive programmes are in place to meet these requirements. The programme is structured around FRTB outcomes and the role would take the lead on streams delivering substantial parts of the Internal Model or Standardised Approach calculation capabilities.
The Role Holder will engage with all parts of the Group responsible for meeting requirements for the new Trading Book Banking Book Boundary rules. Working with Front Office, Traded Risk, Finance and Regulatory Policy, this role would undertake a gap analysis of current state of desk structure and policies around trading book/banking book boundary, controls and procedures currently implemented, and identify the areas that require change. The role would be responsible for agreeing the scope and priorities for these changes, and then help execute the changes required to set up new desks and ensure any updated policies and procedures are implemented in time for the regulatory go-live dates.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in a large-scale Front Office and/or Market Risk transformational programme - preferably a large regulatory programme
- Engagement with stakeholders across Front Office trading and quants; Risk; Technology and Capital Management functions
- Understanding of how trading and risk management activities are organised into formal units, and the rules/standards around these
- Business analysis in FRTB in a large investment bank would be desirable
- Understanding of regulation related to Trading and Banking Book boundary and assignment of positions, along with the data and controls requirement of this aspect
- Experience in multiple multi-entity complex transformational programmes
- Interaction with stakeholders across multiple geographies
- Knowledge of traded products, market risk methodologies, trading systems, risk management and control processes
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple streams of activities concurrently
If you are relevant or interested please don't delay, apply now.