£385 PAYE / £499.86 Umbrella per day
12 Month Contract - possibility of extensions/ permanency
Our client HSBC are currently seeking an experienced KYC Analyst to join their team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be for 12 months with a review to be extended.
Provide support to the Front Office. Advise the Front Office teams as to the provision of the appropriate FCC/KYC supporting documentation in line with CDD and Global Standards for the purposes of Account Opening & Periodic Reviews.
Ensure all account opening and maintenance documentation is approved in line with current AML, FIM, Audit and FCA requirements, in a timely manner. Work in partnership with the Data Management team offshore in Manilla to ensure effective implementation of static data amendments. Assist with the control of the group mailboxes in conjunction with the wider AO Team ensuring a timely turnaround of queries.
Assist Relationship Management teams with queries.
Undertake validation of US Tax forms (W-8BEN, W-8BEN-E, W-8IMY) and UK tax Forms (Tax Residency Declarations).
The role holder will help to ensure all areas of risk and financial crime risk are considered by the business and the correct remedial action taken in line with the Banks' attitude to risk. Key areas of responsibility are as follows:
· Maintain the quality of the CDD end to end process has been followed correctly (periodic reviews and on-boarding)
· Quality check a percentage of finalised cases depending on the risk rating and role
· Feedback of errors and common trends to Front Office teams
· Ensuring productivity of Account Opening & Periodic Review cases escalating any issues as they arise.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
· Ensure any issues are escalated as necessary
· Provide a high quality service to the Relationship Managers. Establishing strong working relationships with peers, Relationship Management teams.
· Ensure that minimum internal and external regulatory requirements are met
· Ability to prioritise and work accurately under pressure and to specific deadlines. · Manage workload independently and efficiently and within SLA.
· QC/QA within tolerance
· Focus on efficiency, quality and effectiveness.
· Adherence to documented policies and procedures.
· Ensure responses to the Front Office are in a timely and client-focused manner.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
· University degree in relevant discipline preferred
· 2+ years of banking experience, with exposure to operations
· Good knowledge of the Account Opening Documentation suite and associated control procedures.
· Flexibility to develop and undertake all aspects of Account Opening & Periodic review process across the Private Banking business.
· Sound working knowledge of Private Banking and Wealth Management.
· Ability to keep up-to-date with any regulatory changes within the jurisdictions covered.
· Experience of US Tax Forms would be an advantage.
· Knowledge of US Qualified Intermediary, FATCA, ESD, BBSI and OI Returns would be an advantage.
· Sound knowledge of Customer Due Diligence policy and process
· Good problem solving, negotiation, organisational, cross-functional collaboration, communication and presentation skills are required to be successful in this position
· Working knowledge of AML, regulatory compliance and controls within the banking and financial services industry
· Excellent communication skills at all levels (written and verbal) displaying patience and empathy at all times.
· Self-motivated with the ability to develop and shape the direction of their team and wider department
· Proven ability to work in a high-volume, fast paced environment
· Able to work independently
· Commercially minded
· Can-do and problem solving attitude
· At ease under pressure and demonstrating good resilience
· Strong teamwork initiative.
· Good research and communication skills.
· Ability to work professionally with all levels of staff and management.
· Skilled IT user with a capacity to adapt to new or complex tools and use efficiently all usual software suit (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc.)
· Flexible and accountable: Open (to different ideas and cultures), dependable (by doing the right thing and take personal accountability) and Connected (with our clients, providers, regulators and colleagues by demonstrating collaboration and respect)
Please also see below link to our HSBC Career hub:
If you are relevant or interested please don't delay, contact me on 0161 503 5558/
- Job Type:
- Business Transformation
- Job reference:
- 6 days ago