Operations Support Officer - Redress
The UK CMB Redress team is responsible for assessing, validating and prioritising new and emerging redress issues. We collaborate with stakeholders across all segments and products to ensure we pay back customers who have suffered detriment due to errors as quickly and efficiently as possible, putting them back in the position they would have been had the error not occurred.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Operations Support Officer.
The principal responsibility of the Operations Support Officer is to support the project execution team and to undertake and manage all or some of the associated activities within the payments team, allowing the senior management to maximise efficiency of the team, thereby contributing to the operating plan.
The role is to provide a full range of administrative and operational support to the team, including administration, operational and processing support as required, ensuring deadlines are met. The role holder is expected to provide a high quality service to their internal and external customers, taking ownership and using their initiative to complete necessary tasks.
In this role, you will:
- Undertake cheque order and cancellation tasks
- Undertake reconciliation of cheques issued and various HSBC Net payments
- Undertake four eyed check of payments
- Deal and liaise with the analytics team and manage reconciliation queries
- This role requires excellent Excel skills, role holder will need to update spreadsheets and keep ongoing records of payments and cheques
- Type and produce reports, Presentations, Spreadsheets etc.
- Ad hoc projects and tasks
- Drive timescales and project plans to ensure project success
- Individuals are responsible for their own effectiveness, development and results. People performing a sole transactional role or one of a more generalist nature.
- Support achievement of the HSBC vision, Values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and agreeing performance expectations, completing the necessary mandatory training and developing the levels of capability and competence needed to be effective in the role.
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment.
- Suggest ideas and contribute to implementing actions that will improve customer service, quality or the way teams and individuals work together.
- Adhere to HSBC policy, procedures and control requirements applicable to day-to-day working, exceptional and project activities, and raise any concerns about actual or potential issues promptly, in line with reporting and escalation procedures.
- Continuously monitor and gather information to assess potential impacts and identify possible risks and opportunities for the business.
- Apply policies, procedures, practices and standards to their allocated tasks, taking responsibility for their own actions, to ensure the achievement of high levels of quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience working in relevant environments, i.e. operational or payments background
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Office Manager, Payments Teams
- Relevant product knowledge and experience including knowledge of Commercial Banking is desirable but not essential
- Achieved targets and met expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Contributed productively to team objectives, sometimes supporting and sometimes leading activities to achieve shared goals
- Planned projects and activities systematically in line with business priorities, using a variety of analysis and problem solving techniques
- Experience of successful budget management and use of numerical data to assesses and report on performance and, or identify business issues and opportunities
- A comprehensive understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and experience of working within these
In addition to the details listed above, the ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with experience of working under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability of using their initiative
- Advanced computer and IT skills, including all Microsoft packages
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Appreciation of all areas of risk management and processes
- Knowledge of the Bank's operational procedures, systems, communications process and mediums
- Proven experience in identifying and managing the risks, issues and dependencies related to the business and in decision making
- Possess drive and resilience
- Self-motivated with a positive outlook
- Possess commercial awareness
Location - London/hybrid working model