Fundamental Review of The Trading Book SME
£750/Day PAYE - £962/Day Umbrella
London - Canada Square
12 Month Contract
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC, and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Fundamental Review of The Trading Book SME
- This role forms part of the Financial and Model Risk Regulatory Policy and Engagement team. The jobholder is expected to work closely with the FRTB regulatory lead and provide support on the various initiative related to the FRTB regulatory book of work, including regulatory policy interpretations, response to consultations as well as SA and IMA applications.
- The individual will be assisting the team on the preparation of the various regulatory approval packs and documentation and will also be assisting the team on the various upstream regulatory developments to communicate policy guidance to stakeholders. This will consist of coordinating consultation responses either on behalf of HSBC directly or via industry bodies.
- Provide guidance and opine on regulatory policy.
- Preparation of consultation responses and, where relevant, submissions to regulators.
- Drafting policy interpretations and opinions.
- Prepare regulatory submissions to the regulator.
- Work together with business experts from the Traded Risk teams and stakeholders to develop appropriate regulatory opinions and policy solutions.
- Provide leadership to regions on providing regulatory guidance and policy opinions, including clear communication of the latest external regulatory developments to stakeholders from Front Office, MSS, etc.
- The role holder will be expected to work with regional policy leads and Group Traded Risk teams to develop and communicate solutions to address rule changes or answers to specific policy questions and/or regulatory requirements.
- Educated to university degree level or equivalent and, and it would be desirable for them to hold a relevant professional qualification (FRM, CFA)
- Experience in general or wholesale banking including Commercial Banking, Global Banking & Markets or Wholesale Credit
- Good knowledge of the regulatory landscape particularly relating to the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book or previous experience in a Regulatory Capital policy function
- Relevant working experience in a bank, rating agency, consultancy or advisory firm would be considered
- Experience of dealing with regulators is preferable
- Some understanding of statistics and concepts of the risk modelling process would be advantageous
- Experience working with Basel III is essential
- Ability to lead, manage and successfully deliver within the agreed time scale, in liaison with all relevant stakeholders: model owners, business, finance, senior management and regulator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Deliver high quality work within timelines
- Flexibility to work with colleagues and key stakeholders in an international team
If you think you are up for the task and feel you meet the above criteria or interested to hear more information, please contact me on