Financial Accounting Manager (IFRS), Global Accounting Policy
GCB 4 London, UK
Contractor Role - Maternity Leave Cover - 12 months
Daily rate: Up to £500-600 pd PAYE or up to £705 pd via Umbrella
Global Accounting Policy ('GAP') is responsible for establishing and maintaining HSBC's Group accounting policies. GAP provides technical accounting support and guidance to functions, businesses and legal entities on a wide range of transactions and accounting issues, providing challenge and governance to mitigate accounting risk. GAP is organised as one global team with a presence in the major geographies.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as an integral part of the GAP team on a contractor basis with a wide range of internal customers across all Global Businesses and Functions and external stakeholders. The role holder is expected to have a broad range of knowledge on IFRS and will bring additional financial instruments specialist knowledge to our existing team. The role is based in London and reports to the European Head of Accounting Policy.
Support the European Head of Accounting Policy in delivering a full accounting policy and advisory service, including:
- Write and review accounting opinions on transactions and accounting issues in line with existing or new Group accounting policies
- Formulate and recommend Group accounting policies, providing detailed practical guidance
- Provide technical support on the implementation of technical decisions, including through the Subject Matter Expert ('SME') groups
- Identify changes in external accounting, regulatory and legal requirements that will have an impact on the HSBC Group
- Provide support to IFRS change working groups on the implementation of new requirements
- Participate in industry forums and contribute to technical discussions regarding alternative solutions to accounting issues
The successful applicant will be a key member who will contribute to the relevant subject matter expert ('SME') teams across the Global team and will liaise with senior stakeholders.
The candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant, ACA or equivalent;
- Excellent academic achievements;
- Understanding the operation, risk and accounting of banking products, including good knowledge of financial instruments and practices, and sound knowledge of hedge accounting
- Strong knowledge and experience of applying IFRS accounting standards in practical business situations
- Professional approach and presentation;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Team player with positive service attitude
- Enthusiastic to learn about technical accounting.