Job title - Category Manager - IT
Location - London, Canary Wharf
Rate - £550 p/day via PAYE or £705 Umbrella
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 6 months
Our financial services client is currently seeking an experienced Category Manager to join their Enterprise Technology team in the London office/remote working, this contract will be until April.
On a global basis the Category Manager will lead strategy and planning for a Procurement sub-category to deliver competitive advantage for the business through cost savings, lifecycle value generation, demand management and innovation.
The role will support the Global Category Manager in a specific sub-category area, covering all commodities within their respective sub-category. With specific category knowledge, this will be achieved through the creation and continual review of robust and forward-looking category plans that use the full range of supply and demand-side levers.
The role will develop influential senior level relationships (generally at a level below those held by the Global Category Manager) with designated businesses and functions on behalf of all of the Procurement sub- functions including ownership of both Buying Channel and PSL compliance.
Whilst not always responsible for the execution of Category plans, the role will support the country Heads of Procurement and their Sourcing Execution Leads in the execution of these plans and the achievement of savings.
Key to success are advanced skills in analysis/synthesis, category planning and managing and application of a range of commercial models, with a focus on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Up-to 15 years of IT Procurement/Sourcing roles
- At least 5 years of experience in Category management/Portfolio defined roles
- Experience in leading large, complex negotiations on software applications and implementation services with key Supplier's such as of Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP etc.
- Experience in leading Supplier Management and third-party risk frameworks for the above large Suppliers'
- Demonstrates delivery of category plan and meeting savings targets
- Understand wide range of licensing applications and negotiating best in class
- Relevant degree or CIPS related qualification
If you are relevant or interested please don't delay, contact me on 0161 503 5522 /