HR Specialist - Head of UK Pensions & Benefits
Location - London / Birmingham (Remote)
Daily rate - Up to £467.50 /day VIA PAYE - Up to £599.90/day VIA Umbrella
Start date - ASAP
Contract - 12 - 14 Months (Maternity Cover)
HSBC is currently seeking an experienced HR Specialist to come and join their team. Human Resources lead the implementation of the Group's people strategy in line with business objectives. It facilitates talent management, succession planning and employee mobility while defining and overseeing frameworks that support employee performance management, reward, learning and development, resourcing and engagement.
In this role, you will:
- Lead on any benefit design changes of the UK benefit plans
- Management of the overall risk profile of all benefit plans & ensure 2nd line of defence risk team is satisfied that HR is managing the UK benefit plans in accordance with policies and best practice
- Advocate for good outcomes for pension plan members and understands the risks of poor outcomes
- Ensure the effective operation of benefits for the UK workforce (c42,000 employees)
- Lead on the design, operation and Non-Financial risk management of all UK benefit plans
- Work closely with the UK Healthcare Trustees and represents the bank in negotiations and decision-making for healthcare benefit design.
- Work closely with the Pension Scheme Executive, and lead the Pension Design and Operations Committee meetings
- Represent UK P&R in relation to Employee Benefits within the Finance function across each entity
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience in a pension role and Defined Benefits is essential
- Must have experience leading a team
- Experience of governance forums is essential
- Must understand what good looks like from a third party perspective
- Must understand best practice for UK benefit plans and be able to share knowledge in a practical and relevant way with others
- Must have ability to navigate a matrix of significant (internal and external) stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in well-being initiatives is highly desirable
- Must be able to present to senior executions in a non-technical manner
The base location for this role is Birmingham or London despite being a remote role.
If you think you meet the above criteria or interested to hear more information please contact me on
Please visit our Career Hub for more of our Vacancies: https://jobs.elevatedirect.com/tapfin/index.html