Jefferson Wells are recruiting for a Health, safety & environmental advisor to join a global defence & technology business on a permanent basis, to provide competent & professional HSE advice & services in line with business needs. This role will drive a change in the safety culture, supporting improved safety performance. This role will report to the head of Health. Safety & environment.
What will I be doing?
- Provide health, safety and occasional environmental advice and guidance to business management working in partnership with senior stakeholders.
- Play an active role in the development and delivery of a Group safety management system
- Support practical implementation and delivery of HS&E legislation, policy, strategy and objectives; applying high professional standards through building a strong professional internal network.
- Promote a positive and innovative safety culture and engaging with business management to ensure lessons learned are understood and embedded.
- Across the organisation and in partnership with the HSEA community deliver the change programme through a process of training, mentoring, coaching and facilitating.
What are we looking for?
- Post qualification experience as a health & safety practitioner
- Working knowledge of management systems ISO 45001 & 14001
- Certificate level qualification in occupational health & safety management
- Working towards level 6 diploma in occupational health & safety
- Recognised training and/or experience of accident investigation, including route cause analysis
This is a great opportunity to join a business, who are constantly growing and entering new markets around the world, working with the worlds most cutting edge technology on a variety of complex challenges, specifically in the defence space.
The business employs over 6,000 dedicated professionals, acting as a catalyst for outstanding technical, scientific & engineering expertise, supporting the maintenance or global infrastructure and reducing risks to society.